Zeta Beta Tau Foundation
Israeli Experience with Brothers
The Zeta Beta Tau Foundation organized a trip of a lifetime to Israel for alumni in fall of 2018. The 10-day adventure was an enlightening and immersive experience into Jewish heritage and Israeli culture.
Irvin Laddin, Omega (University of Missouri) 1952 and his wife, Gail attended the trip and called it an experience unlike any other they’ve had in Israel.
“My wife and I had been to Israel several times before this trip, so I was anxious to find out how this trip would be different. We saw places and were exposed to experiences that are unavailable to the usual tourist visitor to Israel. Experiences included visits to fortifications at the Golan Heights and journeys to Gaza, Negev and the Iron Dome. Also, we visited homes of Israeli’s where we had wonderful dinners and meaningful conversations. The term “Trip of a Lifetime” is often misused, but in this case it certainly applies.”
The second annual trip will take place November 1 – 7, 2019 and the Foundation is currently taking reservations.
Highlights of this year’s trip include:
- Experiencing Jerusalem outside of the Old City walls
- A visit at the Tower of David Museum
- A stop at Yad Vashem, a museum and memorial dedicated to the victims of the Holocaust and those who helped others survive (Righteous Gentiles)
- A culinary tour and visit to the picturesque neighborhood of Ein Karem
- Tour of Nazareth
- Tour of Tzfat, the birthplace of the Kabbalah and one of the four holy cities in Israel
- Exploring Acre’s fascinating historical heritag
Space is limited to 25 participants. Contact Faron A. Lewitt, Chief Executive Officer of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-506-7066 for more information.